The BSA/AML Analyst is responsible for review and analysis of alerts, transactions, trends and reports and supports the day-to-day operations of the BSA/AML function of the bank.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 314 (a) review: Pull down FinCEN files to Verafin. Clear any suspect items and document files for suspect items. Timely review submitted by FinCEN deadline with no errors.
- Verafin Alerts: Check Verafin alerts daily and resolve with notes, create cases and start investigations for possible SAR filing.
- Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Completion: Ensure CDD forms are completely timely by the branch and updated as identified in Verafin Reports reviewed timely and with no errors.
- CTR & Cash Report Reviews: Cash reports and CTR Reports checked daily, all Verafin alerts worked daily with Cash Reports. Review of various types of transactions, individuals/entities, cash expectations, multiple daily cash transactions by same conductor. Ensure CTRs are prepared for timely filing and forwarded to the BSA/AML Manager.
- SARs: Begin any SAR investigation based on SAR Referrals from branches, Money Laundering Alerts and daily reports. Prepare findings and report to BSA/AML Manager within 5 days of notification/detection. Once SAR determination has been made by SAR Committee, SARs are to be filed within 30 days and monitored for 90 days following filing, if deemed necessary then continuation SARs filed with 30 days for a total of 120 days.
- OFAC Reporting: Review ACH Activity, IAT ACH Activity when applicable, New Account reporting and end of month reporting and Accounts Payable Verification monthly. Verification of the FIS system for OFAC updates as new lists are issued from the Treasury. Testing also includes reviewing cashed items from the Currency Transaction reports for OFAC verification.
- Assist in Cannabis EDD Reviews
- Assist in EDD Reviews
- High Risk Reviews: Review High Risk Accounts annually. Document reviews and recommend changes to risk rating for BSA/AML Manager.
- BSA Board Report: Compile documentation for compliance reports for board review monthly and quarterly.
- Review the following ratings within Verafin:
- Country Risk Ratings (Monthly)
- Customer Risk Changes (Monthly)
- Industries Risk Ratings (Monthly)
- Occupations Risk Ratings (Monthly)
- Zip Code Risk Ratings (Monthly)
- OFAC Sanctions Ratings (Monthly)
- Updating RDC and ACH Clients (Monthly)
- Provide review and backup support to Compliance and BSA Department as needed
- Individually, ensures BSA compliance by reading and being familiar with the BSA/AML program/policy; following all BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures; and completing all BSA/AML/OFAC related online courses.
- All other tasks, responsibilities or duties, as directed by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1 or more years of BSA/AML experience in financial institution
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong understanding and familiarity with the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act and related regulations
- Excellent follow up & communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Professional demeanor and strong interpersonal skills
This position is located in Tavares, however, candidates will be considered in any of our Florida Markets.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.