A Credit Officer facilitates lending for our clients by assessing creditworthiness as well as providing sound documentation. Credit Officer responsibilities include analyzing loan applications, evaluating clients’ financial information and mitigating any weaknesses. To be successful in this role, a candidate will have a good understanding of lending procedures and developing a best in class customer service experience. Ultimately, you will help our clients secure capital in a timely manner, while ensuring compliance within internal and regulatory guidelines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proposes and/or champions all deals during the term sheet / rump sessions to Chief Credit Officer and Senior Credit Officer.
- Underwrites New, Renewals, Modifications, Annual Reviews and is solely responsible for the Market and Divisional’s Larger Borrower report.
- Have co-lending authority with Market President / Senior Credit Officer.
- Pull personal and corporate credit bureaus as well as OFAC reports.
- Carry some lending relationships graded Watch or Worse as well as present and administer (WOW reports).
- Assist Chief Credit Officer and Senior Credit Officer on policy and procedure writing for the Lending / Credit side of the bank.
- Ensures BSA compliance by reading and being familiar with the BSA/AML program/policy; following all BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures; and completing all BSA/AML/OFAC related online courses.
- All other tasks, responsibilities or duties, as directed by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of proven experience in a lending and/or credit capacity in a financial institution
- Minimum educational requirement of a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business, accounting, finance as well as formally bank credit trained. MBA preferred.
- Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products.
- Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Respectful to all employees, regional and executive management as well as in any interactions with any Board of Directors.
- Ability to travel as needed to outside markets.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Direct candidate inquiries only. No recruiter, staffing agency, or third-party referrals accepted.