Deposit Operations Specialist - PT
The Deposit Operations Specialist provides a wide range of support to Deposit Operations Manager and all other Bank departments. In particular, this position is responsible for monitoring and processing all items related to the Deposit Operations of the Bank. This position is part time, 25 hours per week.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviewing and maintaining a high volume of wire agreements within an Access Database.
- Data entry of wire contacts into separate systems.
- Customer contact for sensitive account data.
- Back-up for wire operations.
- High volume wire processing – accurate verification of wire instructions, signatures, sensitive customer data.
- Providing back up to all other Deposit Operations Specialists.
- Maintaining detailed records on all work responsibilities.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the Bank’s customers.
- Remaining current on and adhere to all regulatory requirements and training.
- Ensures BSA compliance by reading and being familiar with the BSA/AML program/policy; following all BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures; and completing all BSA/AML/OFAC related online courses.
Other Possible Duties
- Monitoring and addressing all non-post, stop pays, positive pay or NSF items on a daily basis
- Processing foreign items and returned mail
- Responsible for all debit card matters including but not limited to ordering debit cards and maintenance
- Responsible for handing all ATM matters including but not limited to maintenance and disputes
- Processing chargeback’s, ACH items, wires and CD interest checks
- Reviewing of mobile and merchant capture deposits
- Processing daily account maintenance requests in accordance with Bank policy and file properly
- Monitoring lockbox items, new account documents and handling account exceptions
- Assisting bank customers with online banking, mobile banking, and bill pay questions or problems
- Answering questions regarding account activity, resolve issues and make corrections as needed in an efficient, courteous manner
- Reporting discrepancies immediately to the Deposit Operations Manager and assist in clearing discrepancies
- All other tasks, responsibilities or duties, as directed by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years related experience
- Effective interpersonal relationships with bank team members
- Ability to perform tasks quickly and accurately
- Basic Mathematical Skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word software
- A thorough understanding and application of all policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to the work of a Deposit Operations Specialist
- Ability to operate in a team environment to accomplish shared goals
- Ability to effectively manage time as related to daily tasks
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a high pressure environment while maintaining professional demeanor
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.