Financial Services Trainer
The Financial Services Trainer will be responsible for evaluating the Bank’s needs and current practices and creating and delivering a training development plan complete with materials, tutorials, instructions, and learning resources including onsite training, webinars, and online modules and guides. The ideal candidate will be a confident and enthusiastic public speaker who is knowledgeable about the latest tools and resources needed to improve employee learning and performance. The candidate should have broad knowledge of banking functions, services, sales, and products in order to facilitate functional, product and sales training.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess training needs
- Conduct employee surveys and interviews to ensure training plan meets the diverse needs of our organization
- Create training strategies, initiatives, and materials by job function
- Test and review created materials
- Maintain a database of all training materials
- Facilitate employee training including product, sales, and operational training
- Coordinate, schedule, communicate and facilitate new hire orientation including working with internal departments to ensure a smooth onboarding experience
- Training methods will include field training, online training, webinars, and on demand training
- Research and select best platform to deliver and utilize training materials, as appropriate
- Track and compile training delivered by job function and provide summary to leadership team
- Communicate the correct information and handle any questions from trainees
- Review employee performance and learning
- May perform various other Human Resources functions as directed
- Ensures BSA compliance by reading and being familiar with the BSA/AML program/policy; following all BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures; and completing all BSA/AML/OFAC related online courses.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of two years of banking experience
- Two (2) years’ previous experience as a trainer, corporate training specialist, or related position
- Prior Human Resources experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in education, business, or human resources, or related field, preferred
- Certification from talent and training associations a plus
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software
- Experience with technologies and best practices for instructional manuals and teaching platforms
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Direct candidate inquiries only. No recruiter, staffing agency, or third-party referrals accepted.