IT Helpdesk Technician
The IT Helpdesk Technician provides timely in-house technical support for users of the bank’s computer hardware and software to ensure productivity. IT helpdesk personnel need excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Take initial telephone or email inquiries
- Troubleshoot relatively simple hardware, software or networking issues
- Recognize and escalate more difficult problems to an appropriate team member
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Clearly articulate technical solutions
- Create clear concise technical manuals
- Follow strict adherence to security policies
- Provide remote assistance to users not located in the central office
- Ensures BSA compliance by reading and being familiar with the BSA/AML program/policy; following all BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures; and completing all BSA/AML/OFAC related online courses.
- Other duties and functions as necessary
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-2 years in an IT related role
- Associates degree or completion of IT coursework at a technical school
- Previous experience in the financial industry is highly encouraged, but not required.
- Strong understanding of technology, including various hardware, software and networking systems.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Exhibit a strong work ethic with honesty in all aspects of position
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Passionately seek ways to succeed; go beyond the call of duty
- Stable and poised under pressure
- Communicates well one-on-one, in small or large groups
- Exhibits energy with a strong desire to achieve
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.