SBA Credit Officer
An SBA Credit Officer facilitates lending for our clients by assessing creditworthiness as well as providing sound documentation. SBA Credit Officer responsibilities include analyzing loan applications, evaluating clients’ financial information and mitigating any weaknesses. To be successful in this role, a candidate will have a good understanding of lending procedures and developing a best-in-class customer service experience. Ultimately, you will help our clients secure capital in a timely manner, while ensuring compliance within internal and regulatory guidelines, including SBA Standard Operating Procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proposes and/or champions all deals during the term sheet / rump sessions to Director of SBA Lending
- Coordinate all activities required to complete a credit package, which includes Underwriting New SBA requests, Renewals, Modifications, Annual Reviews
- Interact with internal lending team, SBA processor(s) and clients to accomplish a complete Credit Package.
- Prepare effective packages for credit approval circulation and to present packages to the required level of credit authority.
- Retrieve appropriate reports and outside vendor requirements – such as: personal and corporate credit bureaus, OFAC, industry statistical information, appraisals, etc.
- Obtain and monitor various loan portfolio reports, such as maturing loans, past-due loans, annual review notices, exception(s) and assist in managing action plans that are appropriate to adhering to portfolio maintenance.
- Ability to manage SBA Servicing requests and assure lender adherence to SBA Servicing and Liquidation Policies
- Ensures BSA compliance by reading and being familiar with the BSA/AML program/policy; following all BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures; and completing all BSA/AML/OFAC related online courses.
- Ensure that the bank is in possession of current financial information and this information has been properly reviewed to comply with SBA over-sight.
- Assist in any SBA loan review and or Bank Regulator review
- All other tasks, responsibilities or duties, as directed by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of proven experience in a lending and/or credit capacity in a financial institution
- Knowledge of credit underwriting, accounting and loan documentation
- SBA Eligibility and or SBA Underwriting mandates
- Bachelor’s degree and completion of formal credit training program preferred
- Hands-on experience with lending procedures and products.
- Ability to create and process financial spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Respectful to all employees, regional and executive management as well as in any interactions with any Board of Directors.
- Ability to travel as needed to outside markets.
- Consideration will be given to remote working arrangements.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.