Cogent Bank is seeking a Senior Accountant to add to our team. A Senior Accountant works under the general supervision of the Controller to perform accounting tasks including analyzing financial reports, reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining the general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Prepares financial statements and accounting reports
- Performs monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures BSA compliance by reading and being familiar with the BSA/AML program/policy; following all BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures; and completing all BSA/AML/OFAC related online courses.
- All other tasks, responsibilities or duties, as directed by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or commensurate experience
- Banking experience preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.